Serving People with Ostomies, Care Givers, and Medical Professionals
Ostomy Toronto is a not-for-profit, charitable organization of caring volunteers providing knowledge and experience to people who have been impacted by or are living with an ostomy as a result of a gastrointestinal or urinary diversion by providing support, education and a community to allow them to move on with their lives.
A Service Based Organization of Caring Volunteers
Ostomy Toronto is a not-for-profit registered charity and a chapter of the United Ostomy Association of Canada Inc. (UOAC), a volunteer-run health organization dedicated to assisting people who have or will have intestinal or urinary tract diversions. We provide emotional support, educational services and support to the family unit.
Our services include informative monthly meetings, a resource centre filled with information and up-to-date news for people living with ostomies, their families, caregivers and friends living in the Greater Toronto area, and excellent publications.
In addition, Ostomy Toronto offers patients a visiting service. Trained and certified visitors are available upon request of the attending physicians, Enterostomal Therapists, nurses, family members, friends, or the patient. Pre- and post-operative visits are available. For this service, as well as for general information, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or call (416) 596-7718.
We welcome bequests and donations and provide a receipt for donations of $25 or more for income tax purposes.
Reasons for Joining Ostomy Toronto
- Receive moral support in an informal setting for persons who have or will have ostomy or related surgeries. Family and friends are most welcome.
- Access educational material (audio visual and print).
- Receive ten monthly issues of The "O", our Chapter mini-magazine and bi-annual issues of Ostomy Canada, the national magazine.
- Attend monthly meetings from September through June and listen to guest speakers from the medical community or related fields. Refreshments are provided.
- Meet and network with people who have had ostomy surgery.
- Review the latest ostomy care products offered by the manufacturers at our annual Manufacturer's Evening.
- Engage in our 'RAP' session where all your questions or concerns are addressed by professional Enterostomal Therapists.
- Become a trained visitor to assist others with their rehabilitation back into daily life.
Join now for the low price of $40 per year. Click HERE to join!
Ostomy Toronto Resource Centre
Address: 344 Bloor St West, Suite 609, Toronto, ON, M5S 3A7 We are located at Bloor and Spadina. If taking the subway, exit at the Spadina stop on the Bloor line. Please call if you need precise directions from your home.Telephone:
416-596-7718 or 1-866-285-5948
Please call in advance or email to book an appointment.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Board of Directors
|Office Coordinator||Les Kehoeemail@example.com|
|Visiting Coordinator and Medical Advisor||Dianne Garde E.T.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Medical Advisor||Leslie Heath R.N. E.T.||-|
|Medical Advisor||Dr. Marcus Burnstein||-|